September 4, 2015
The Varsity and Jr. Varsity teams will start their regular season schedules today with away games at John Stark in Weare, New Hampshire. Both games start at 4:30pm.
Updates to the game schedules for Varsity and Jr. Varsity have been posted on their respective pages to the right. Changes involve home games on Friday September 11. Please note that additional changes to the game schedule are likely.
August 30, 2015
As pre-season winds down and school starts – we’ll be moving into our regular schedules and games. Jr. Varsity and Varsity will open their seasons this Friday (9/4) away at John Stark – game times are 4:30pm. Reserve will open their season next Tuesday (9/8) at home (Huntley Meadow) at 4:30pm vs. Mt. Royal Academy
Monday and Tuesday 8/31, 9/1 – 4:15 to 5:45pm at Huntley Meadow.
Reserves’ regular practice time will be 4:15 to 5:45pm at Huntley Meadow. The school provides bus transportation to and from Huntley Meadow each day. The current Reserve Game Schedule is posted on the ‘Reserve’ page.
Jr Varsity will train from 8:00 to 9:30am on Monday Aug 31 and Tuesday Sept 1 on the HHS Grass Field.
Once school begins (9/2), JV’s regular training times will be (be aware that changes will occur from time to time):
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays – 4:30 to 6:00pm on HHS Grass Field;
- Wednesdays, Fridays – 3:30 to 5:00pm on HHS Grass Field.
The current Jr. Varsity Game Schedule is posted on the ‘Jr. Varsity’ page.
The Varsity day-to-day schedule is posted on the ‘Varsity’ page.
The current Varsity Game schedule is posted on the ‘Varsity’ page.
August 25, 2015
Please note that the all-Player/Parent/Coach meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 8/26 – at 7:00pm in the Hanover High Cafeteria. This will be an opportunity to meet coaches, other parents and to learn more about the soccer program at Hanover High. Athletic Director Mike Jackson will be on hand for a short presentation; and . . . uniform distribution will occur at the meeting. Be there if you want your favorite number. Please note that players will need to purchase their own uniform socks: Reserve $7 (One Pair); Jr. Varsity $17 (Two Pairs); Varsity $17 (Two Pairs). Cash or checks made out to ‘Doug Kennedy’ please.
August 22, 2015
The Jr. Varsity and Varsity teams will be leaving for an overnight trip to Camp Merriwood in Orford, NH mid-day on Sunday 8/23 – to return mid-day Monday. Here’s what you need to know:
- We’ll meet at the front parking lot at HHS on Sunday at 12:30pm for car-pooling to the camp. Parent drivers will handle the shuttle service – don’t be late. Meals at camp will include: Sunday Dinner; Monday Breakfast; Monday Lunch;
- What you need – Swimming Gear; Sleeping Bag; Casual Clothes (keep in mind it may get cool during the evening); Sleeping Bag; Personal items.
- Electronics – no phone use will be permitted while at camp. If I catch you using your phone – I will confiscate. You may bring electronics to provide music (or other sounds) to accompany your talent.
- Yogo Mat – we will be doing a ‘Recovery Yoga’ session on Monday morning – if you own a yoga mat – please bring it along.
- Your Talent – all will be expected to participate in the annual Talent Show – in addition to the routines typically performed by groups – we’d like to see any other individual talent you may possess – juggling, etc. – be brave, show us what you can do.
- A school bus will pick us up at Merriwood immediately after lunch on Monday. Keep in mind that we will arrive back at HHS at approximately 1:45pm – both teams need to report to the fields by 2:45pm for 3:30pm scrimmages vs. Essex. If you don’t live near the school – you may need to have your soccer gear along with you for the trip.
Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
August 21, 2015
Pre-season Week 2 schedules for each of the three teams are included below. As always, be alert as change is possible:
Reserve Wk 2 8-21-15
JrVarsity Wk 2 8-21-15
Varsity Wk 2 8-21-15
August 20, 2015
Tryouts have been tough and competitive – it’s clear that many players have worked hard to be considered for the Varsity team. As always, there just aren’t enough spots for all those who deserve it. We clearly have Jr. Varsity and Varsity teams that will be strong and highly competitive, and the coaches can’t wait to get going:
- Coach Kennedy will be at the grass field today from 3:45 to 4:30pm to talk to any Jr. Varsity player interested in getting feedback. You are encouraged to take this opportunity.
- Reserve team practices today from 5:00 to 6:30pm at Huntley Meadow.
- Both the Varsity and Jr. Varsity will train today (Thur 8/20) from 5:00 to 6:30pm at the HHS Grass Field.
- Jr. Varsity will train from 8:30 to 9:30am Friday 8/21 – on the Grass Field.
- Varsity will train from 8:30 to 9:30am Friday 8/21 – on the Turf Field.
- Jr. Varsity & Varsity will meet at 1:45pm tomorrow (Fri 8/21) for the bus ride to St. Johnsbury Academy, where the teams will participate in simultaneous scrimmages – game time is 4:00pm on the St. Johnsbury Academy campus.
- Varsity will meet for a team run on Saturday (8/22) at 9:30am – at the Grass Field – we’ll be done by 10:30am.
- Look for Week 2 Schedules for all teams here in the near future.
- Look for details regarding the Varsity/Jr. Varsity Camp Merriwood trip here very soon.
August 19, 2015
In one of the highest quality Alum games in recent years, a strong Alumnae & Friends team managed to eke out a 3-2 victory over the current girls. The Alums included a broad age spectrum, with contributions from all. Although they ended up on the short end of the sheet, the current HHS girls showed real promise; given the presence of a number of new faces.
Alums Feeling Good About Themselves
August 19, 2015
The coaches faced a number of tough choices this morning. Tryout play has been tough, competitive and fully in the a spirit of good sportsmanship. Players have been grouped below as: 1) Reserve Team; or 2) One of two Varsity/Jr. Varsity groupings ( Ders & Vers ). I’m particularly pleased that every player that tried out has the potential move up through the program – given some hard work and a bit of patience. I look forward to working with all of you, both this fall and in seasons to come.
- Coach Kennedy will be at the HHS Grass Field today from 3:30 to 4:15pm to talk to any player named to the Reserve team. This is an opportunity to get feedback on your play during the tryouts.
- The Reserve Team will train from 4:30 to 6:00pm this evening (Wed 8/19) on the HHS Grass Field.
- The Reserve Team will train from 5:00 to 6:30pm on Thurs evening (8/20) – at HUNTLEY MEADOW, NORWICH.
- The Reserve Team will be off on Friday 8/21. Schedule for next week will be published here very soon.
- The Ders and Vers will report to the HHS Turf Field at 5:15 this afternoon for instructions and warm-ups; to be followed by scrimmage with HHS Alumnae & Friends. Uniform for Scrimmage is: White Shirt; Black Shorts; White Socks. Ders will play the first half – Vers the second. Game time is approx. 6:00pm.
- All Ders and Vers will do an overnight at Camp Merriwood in Orford, New Hampshire on the evening of Sunday 8/23. We’ll leave from the HHS front parking lot at 12:45pm and return early Monday (8/24) afternoon – additional details forthcoming.
August 18, 2015
Reminders and calendar notes:
- All players will meet in the HHS GYM at 4:20pm this afternoon (Tues 8/18) to view a critically acclaimed cinematic presentation. Do not wear cleats in the school. We’ll start this afternoon’s session at 5:00 pm on the HHS Grass Field.
- The all Player/Parent/Coach meeting will be held at 7:00pm on Wednesday Aug 26 in the HHS Cafeteria. This will be a good opportunity to meet coaches and other parents and to learn more about the soccer program. In addition, uniform distribution will occur immediately following the meeting.
August 17, 2015
This morning’s crowd looked good – and is working on sharpening up skills and getting an aggressive attitude.
During the day today – Hydrate, Eat, Stay out of the Sun – take it easy. We’ll be back at it at 5:00pm on the HHS Grass Field. Keep in mind that Varsity Candidates will be running the Anaerobic Capacity test during the last part of tonight’s session.
Results for the Agility Test (run this morning) are posted on the ‘Pre-Season ’15’ page.
See you later . . . .