Although coach really wants to go – today’s (Fri 10/9) Varsity training session has been cancelled – see Facebook page for makeup instructions.
The Reserve season has been extended with an added game and practice:
- Reserves will practice on Tuesday Oct 13 – regular practice time/place;
- Reserves will play Thetford Academy on Thur Oct 15 – at Huntley Meadow – game time TBA.
Reserve season was too short – this is good news.
For clarification – the following is Reserve’s game schedule for this week:
- Monday 10/5 (Today) – Home game vs. Sunapee – game time is 4:30pm.
- Wednesday 10/7 – Away game vs. Sunapee – game time is 4:45pm.
Note that the game previously scheduled for Friday 10/9 has been canceled.
All results have been updated on the ‘Results’ page:
- In game action last week, the Varsity girls took down Manchester West on Tuesday (9/29); following a slow first half, the Varsity wheels stared rolling in the second and emerged with a 4-0 win. Varsity ran into a Con-Val buzzsaw on Friday (10/2); after going down 0-2 in the game’s first 10 minutes, the girls worked to regain their game. However, a couple of second half goals by Con-Val sealed their win – the final was 4-1.
- This week: 1) Varsity will be on the road vs. Pembroke on Monday (10/5) – game time is 4:30pm, dismissal time is 2:15pm; 2) the girls will be at home vs. Goffstown on Thursday (10/8) – game time is 4:00pm.
- In game action last week, the JVs showed strong possession and took down Con-Val 3-0 on Fri (10/2). The editor notes that the JVs played the entire game with no substitutes.
- This week: 1) Jr. Varsity will be on the road vs. Pembroke on Monday (10/5) – game time is 4:30pm, dismissal time is 2:15pm; 2) the girls will be at home vs. Goffstown on Thursday (10/8) – game time is 4:00pm.
- In game action last week the Reserve side took down the Manchester West JVs 3-0. In the words of Coach Herb, “We won our game today 3-0! I am so proud of how the girls played today! All their hard work at practice is really starting to show! They executed leading passes, found feet, connected passes, went to the ball, went through the ball, and most importantly they worked TOGETHER to make this all happen!”
- Reserve’s last scheduled game is this Wednesday (10/7) on the road vs. Sunapee. Game time is 4:45pm. Stay tuned for a possible season extension.
Jr. Varsity’s practice on Tues 9/29 will occur at Huntley Meadow in Norwich. Players can take the bus from HHS to Huntley – practice will start at approx. 4:15 (following the arrival of the bus) and be completed at approx. 5:45pm.
All results have been updated on the ‘Results’ page. A recap of last week’s action and a look forward at this week’s games follows:
The Reserves had a tough week in the win-lost column, but continue to improve their play as a team: 1) On Mon 9/21, the girls lost to Mt. Royal Academy 1-0; in the words of Coach Herb, “We lost our game 1-0 yesterday. The girls had a slow start, but in the second half they turned things around. They started winning the 50/50 balls and taking control of the midfield. We just had a hard time finishing!; 2) The girls were edged by Sharon Academy on Wed 9/23; in the words of Coach Herb, “We lost our game on Wednesday 1-0. We played 9v9 due to Sharon being low on numbers, which was an adjustment but the girls did well figuring it out. We were slow to take shots in the first half, but the girls become more comfortable shooting from further out in the second half, we just had a hard time finishing them off!; and 3) The girls were on the short end of a 3-0 outcome on Fri 9/25; in the words of Coach Herb, “We lost our game 3-0 today. The girls played well. We had a lot of shots, but we continued to have a hard time finishing. Although we did not come out on top, the girls are getting stronger and more confident in themselves! And they continue to improve on working together as a team.”
- The girls will be at home vs. Manchester West JV on Tues 9/29. Please note that this game will be played on the Grass Field at Hanover High. Game time is 4:00pm.
JVs continue to improve and play tough soccer: 1) On Mon 9/21 the girls showed control up and down the pitch in a shortened 2-0 win over Plymouth; 2) the girls’ Tue 9/22 match vs. Sanborn proved a tough test, resulting on a 3-2 loss; and 3) on Friday 9/25 a depleted JV squad took on an beat an aggressive John Stark side for a 1-0 victory.
- The girls will be on the road vs. Con-Val on Fri 10/2 – game time is 3:30pm.
Four games in eight days proved tough for varsity: 1) the girls emerged from Monday’s 9/21 vs. Plymouth with a 4-0 win; 2) on Tues 9/22, the girls faced a strong Sanborn side on the road in an up and down match; eventually taking way the win with a last minute goal – final 3-2; and 3) a determined John Stark side came into Hanover and came away with the win – 1-0 – look for this battle to continue.
- A home match Tues 9/29 vs. Manchester West – game time is 4:00pm.
- A road match Fri 10/2 vs. Con-Val in Peterborough – game time is 3:30pm.
Note that today’s (Thur 9/24) Jr. Varsity training session will take place at the Route 5 (Dresden) Fields in Norwich. The following is from Coach Krass:
“We are at Rt 5 today! Parents can pick up at Rt 5 but it would be best if all players took the bus there unless you drive to school. If you are a student who drives to school you CANNOT drive other players! Thanks and sorry for the late notice.”
Game recaps and schedule for this week – plenty of game action in the next five days (Note that all results have been updated on the ‘Results’ page.):
- Last Week: 1) Despite an unexpected heat wave and a passing game that wasn’t quite coming together, Varsity came away on the good end of a 5-0 result in Penacook vs. Merrimack Valley; 2) on a beautiful Saturday night with a big crowd (much appreciated) Varsity showed patience and took down Lebanon 3-0 following a scoreless first half – a fun game.
- This Week: 1) Monday 9/21 – Varsity will be at home vs. Plymouth – Game time is 4:30pm; 2) Tuesday 9/22 – Varsity will be on the road vs. Sanborn in Kingston, NH – Game time is 4:30pm; 3) Friday 9/25 – Varsity will be at home vs. John Stark – Game time is 4:00pm.
- Last Week: 1) The JVs came up against the reality of soccer – despite dominating possession and controlling the game-flow, JVs came away on the short end of a 2-0 score vs. Merrimack Valley; 2) In a typically hard fought game vs. rival Lebanon, the JVs were resilient and topped Lebanon with a score in the last ten minutes of game time – final 2-1 for the Marauders.
- This Week: 1) Monday 9/21 – Jr. Varsity will be at home vs. Plymouth – the JV game will follow the Varsity game on the Turf – Game time is likely to be approx. 6:15; 2) Tuesday 9/22 – JVs will be on the road vs. Sanborn in Kingston, NH – Game time is 4:30pm; 3) Friday 9/25 – JVs will be at home vs. John Stark – Game time is 4:00pm.
- Last Week – the Reserve team has been playing with an injury depleted roster: 1) on Wed 9/16 the girls came away with a 2-2 result vs. Kimball Union Acad. – in the words of Coach Herb, “we tied our game 2-2. The girls played well against KUA. KUA has a strong team and our girls did a great job connecting passes and moving the ball up the field;” 2) On Thur 9/17 the girls came out on the wrong side of a 1-0 result vs. Sunapee – in the words of Coach Herb, “We lost our game 1-0 against Sunapee today. Sunapee is an aggressive team, and by half time our girls did well hiding their own! The girls played hard from beginning to end! We started the game with two subs and by half time we only had 10 players to finish up the half. We rounded out the second half with one sub!”
- This Week – Reserves looking forward to the return of several injured players: 1) Mon 9/21 – Reserve will be away vs. Mt. Royal Academy – Game time is 4:45pm; 2) Wed 9/23 – the girls will be away vs. Sharon Academy – Game time is 4:45pm; 3) Fri 9/25 – the girls will be on the road once more vs. Thetford Academy – game time is 4:45pm.
Great opportunity to catch some girls soccer . . . today (Sat 9/19) the Jr. Varsity and Varsity will be taking on Lebanon on the HHS Turf. JV game is at 4:00pm; Varsity game is at 6:00pm – Be There!
In a late breaking bulletin, Coach Kennedy appears to have miscalculated . . . Practice time for Varsity today (Thur 9/16) is from 5:00 to 6:30pm on the Turf . . . that is all.