November 20, 2016
Weekly futsal sessions will start today (Sunday Nov. 20) at 3:00pm, in the Marion Cross School Gym in Norwich. Entrance is on the right (south) side, toward the back of the building. The session runs from 3:00 to 4:00pm.
Futsal is an excellent opportunity for players hoping to improve their soccer skills and to ‘move up’ in the 2017 season. All you need is a sneakers, shorts and a t-shirt. Watt Alexander, an experienced soccer coach and futsal maven runs the sessions, which involve a brief warm-up and games.
These sessions are available to all HHS players, regardless of your team level during the 2016 season . . . and Coach Kennedy thinks this is a really good idea.
Sylvie Alexander runs a Facebook page with futsal schedule updates. Be in touch with Sylvie if you’d like to be included: firstname.lastname@example.org
November 18, 2016
Congratulations to Sophie Miles, Cate Wagner and Carly Craft, who have been named Captains for the 2017 season.
November 11, 2016
Congratulations to the following who received All State recognition from the NH Coaches Association last night:
- Mahler Meyerrose – 2nd Team
- J – J Taube – 2nd Team
- Cate Wagner – Honorable Mention
- Mindy Wu – Honorable Mention
- Carly Craft – Honorable Mention
In addition – Coach Krass was named JV Coach of the Year for Div. II – great job!
November 4, 2016
The soccer season came to an end last night as the Varsity girls went down 0-1 to Oyster River in the Division II Semifinal at Stellos Stadium. The girls played well and fought to the end. This was a fun group that put everything they had into the team and soccer. Sorry to see it come to an end.
October 26, 2016
- Varsity finished up the regular season with a 11-4-1 record and is seeded 8th in the Division II NH State Playoffs.
- The first round playoff game will be played tomorrow (Thur 10/27) at 4:00pm on the HHS Turf, where the Varsity will face Pelham. Be there to support the girls!
- The JVs finished up their regular season on Friday (10/21) with an overall record of 7-6-2.
- The JV Tournament on Saturday (10/22) was – as usual – a success with a competitive round-robin and great soccer. Although the girls didn’t score during their four matches, they didn’t give one up either. A great finish to the season – and much to look forward to for next fall.
Coach Krass and the Girls
- The Reserve team finished up their season on a high note, with two consecutive 1-0 road victories over Lebanon and Mt. Royal Academy. Their overall record was 5-6-2. The girls improved significantly over the course of the season and look ready to move up through the program.
October 21, 2016
Jr. Varsity Tournament
The schedule for Saturday’s (10/22) Jr. Varsity Tournament is as follows:
- 9:45am – Merrimack Valley vs. Bow (Turf )
- 9:45am – Hanover vs. Kearsarge (Grass )
- 10:45am – Hanover vs. Souhegan (Turf)
- 10:45am – Kearsarge vs. Merrimack Valley (Grass)
- 11:45am – Souhegan vs. Kearsarge (Turf)
- 11:45am – Hanover vs. Bow (Grass)
- 12:30 – Lunch Break
- 1:30pm – Hanover vs. Merrimack Valley (Turf)
- 1:30pm – Bow vs. Souhegan (Grass)
- 2:30pm – Kearsarge vs. Bow (Turf)
- 2:30pm – Souhegan vs. Merrimack Valley
- 3:30pm – Presentation to Champions & Wrap-up
All games will include two 18-minute halves with a five minute halftime. The format is round-robin. Weather looks a bit wet and chilly – be prepared.
- Also note that the JVs will be at home today (Friday 10/21) vs. Hollis-Brookline – game time is 4:00pm on the Grass.
- Once again, the Varsity girls were a bit slow to get rolling, but eventually dominated in a 3-0 win over Plymouth (Away) on Wednesday (10/19).
- Tonight (Fri 10/21) is Senior Night! We’ll be honoring our seniors in a brief pre-game ceremony – be at the Turf by 3:35 if you’d like to take it in. Following the ceremony, the Varsity will play its final regular season game vs. Hollis-Brookline – HHS Turf at 4:00pm.
- From Coach Nichols, “The Reserve girls played an excellent game against Lebanon yesterday (Wed 10/19). It was a very close match with both teams taking charge at different times. We created several opportunities to score and shut down Lebanon every time they attacked our goal. We won 1-0.”
October 19, 2016
This week marks the end of regular season games for Jr. Varsity, Reserve and Varsity:
Last Week – JVs had a mixed week last week – dropping a 0-1 decision to Bow and taking away a 2-1 win over Windham on Friday. In both instances, Coach Krass notes that the team continues to create many scoring opportunities.
- JVs will see home action on Friday (10/21) when they take on Hollis-Brookline on the HHS Grass. Game time is 4:00pm
- The annual JV Tournament will take place this Saturday (10/22) on both the Turf and Grass Fields at HHS. This is a great event that will involve a round-robin series of games with Hanover, Bow, Hollis-Brookline, Merrimack Valley and Souhegan. Games will start at 9:45am and finish up around 3:30pm. A game by game schedule will be posted here later in the week. This is a great opportunity to see the JVs in their final day of game action.
Last Week (from Coach Nichols) –
The Reserve girls played an excellent game against Lebanon last Thursday (10/13), dominating a good share of the play and out scoring Lebanon 2-0. They played well as a team, making nice crosses and splitting the Lebanon defense to create several scoring opportunities.
Despite playing with all their hearts in our game against KUA on Friday (10/14), we came up short 3-5. The girls had to dig deep and some played in new positions due to our lack of subs (only two at the beginning of the game and none in the second half). They never gave up and continued to fight right to the end. I was very proud of how hard they worked.
- The Reserve girls will finish out their season on the road this week: 1) Wednesday (Today – 10/19) at Lebanon – game time is 4:00pm; 2) Thursday (10/20) at Mt. Royal Academy – game time is 4:00pm.
Last Week – Varsity had a tough week: After quickly falling behind by two goals at Bow (10/11) the girls significantly picked up the pace and continued to challenge throughout the match – but ended up on the wrong end of a 1-2 loss. On Friday, the girls took on a tough Windham team away and, despite numerous opportunities, were not able to put one away during regulation and two overtimes – final 0-0 tie.
- Varsity will see game action at Plymouth today (Wed 10/19) – game time is 3:30pm.
- This Friday (10/21) is Senior Night for the Varsity. A short ceremony honoring our seniors will precede our home game with Hollis-Brookline. Be there by 3:30pm if you’d like to see the event. The final regular schedule game of the season will follow – game time is 4:00pm on the HHS Turf.
- Varsity’s season will continue into the playoffs, with pairings likely to be announced over the coming weekend. First game likely on Thursday 10/27.
Soccer Girls Working the Kids Zone at the CHaD Event on Sunday
October 12, 2016
Please note that the school dismissal time for Varsity and Jr. Varsity on Thursday 10/13 has been moved to 12:50pm. Game times for both teams remain at 4:00pm.
- Also note that the Jr. Varsity game vs. Windham will be played at Griffin Park (Range Road, Windham, NH) – the Varsity game will be played at Windham High School.