April 24, 2017
A reminder that the introductory meeting for current 8th graders who are thinking about playing Hanover High School Girls soccer this fall will be held this Thursday night (April 27) at 7:00pm at the Richmond Middle School in Hanover. This is an opportunity for anyone who is even thinking about playing soccer to find out more about the program. Coaches and players will be there to provide you with an overview of the program and to answer your questions . . . so come with questions! The meeting is for players and their parents. We look forward to meeting you.
April 8, 2017
Start checking back here from time to time – we’ll be posting soccer information soon.
For those in the midst of planning your summer; soccer will start with an all-player meeting and fitness test late afternoon Sunday August 13. Soccer sessions will start the morning of Monday August 14 . . . that’s all for now.
Questions? – firstname.lastname@example.org
November 20, 2016
Weekly futsal sessions will start today (Sunday Nov. 20) at 3:00pm, in the Marion Cross School Gym in Norwich. Entrance is on the right (south) side, toward the back of the building. The session runs from 3:00 to 4:00pm.
Futsal is an excellent opportunity for players hoping to improve their soccer skills and to ‘move up’ in the 2017 season. All you need is a sneakers, shorts and a t-shirt. Watt Alexander, an experienced soccer coach and futsal maven runs the sessions, which involve a brief warm-up and games.
These sessions are available to all HHS players, regardless of your team level during the 2016 season . . . and Coach Kennedy thinks this is a really good idea.
Sylvie Alexander runs a Facebook page with futsal schedule updates. Be in touch with Sylvie if you’d like to be included: email@example.com
November 18, 2016
Congratulations to Sophie Miles, Cate Wagner and Carly Craft, who have been named Captains for the 2017 season.
November 11, 2016
Congratulations to the following who received All State recognition from the NH Coaches Association last night:
- Mahler Meyerrose – 2nd Team
- J – J Taube – 2nd Team
- Cate Wagner – Honorable Mention
- Mindy Wu – Honorable Mention
- Carly Craft – Honorable Mention
In addition – Coach Krass was named JV Coach of the Year for Div. II – great job!
November 4, 2016
The soccer season came to an end last night as the Varsity girls went down 0-1 to Oyster River in the Division II Semifinal at Stellos Stadium. The girls played well and fought to the end. This was a fun group that put everything they had into the team and soccer. Sorry to see it come to an end.
October 26, 2016
- Varsity finished up the regular season with a 11-4-1 record and is seeded 8th in the Division II NH State Playoffs.
- The first round playoff game will be played tomorrow (Thur 10/27) at 4:00pm on the HHS Turf, where the Varsity will face Pelham. Be there to support the girls!
- The JVs finished up their regular season on Friday (10/21) with an overall record of 7-6-2.
- The JV Tournament on Saturday (10/22) was – as usual – a success with a competitive round-robin and great soccer. Although the girls didn’t score during their four matches, they didn’t give one up either. A great finish to the season – and much to look forward to for next fall.
Coach Krass and the Girls
- The Reserve team finished up their season on a high note, with two consecutive 1-0 road victories over Lebanon and Mt. Royal Academy. Their overall record was 5-6-2. The girls improved significantly over the course of the season and look ready to move up through the program.
October 21, 2016
Jr. Varsity Tournament
The schedule for Saturday’s (10/22) Jr. Varsity Tournament is as follows:
- 9:45am – Merrimack Valley vs. Bow (Turf )
- 9:45am – Hanover vs. Kearsarge (Grass )
- 10:45am – Hanover vs. Souhegan (Turf)
- 10:45am – Kearsarge vs. Merrimack Valley (Grass)
- 11:45am – Souhegan vs. Kearsarge (Turf)
- 11:45am – Hanover vs. Bow (Grass)
- 12:30 – Lunch Break
- 1:30pm – Hanover vs. Merrimack Valley (Turf)
- 1:30pm – Bow vs. Souhegan (Grass)
- 2:30pm – Kearsarge vs. Bow (Turf)
- 2:30pm – Souhegan vs. Merrimack Valley
- 3:30pm – Presentation to Champions & Wrap-up
All games will include two 18-minute halves with a five minute halftime. The format is round-robin. Weather looks a bit wet and chilly – be prepared.
- Also note that the JVs will be at home today (Friday 10/21) vs. Hollis-Brookline – game time is 4:00pm on the Grass.
- Once again, the Varsity girls were a bit slow to get rolling, but eventually dominated in a 3-0 win over Plymouth (Away) on Wednesday (10/19).
- Tonight (Fri 10/21) is Senior Night! We’ll be honoring our seniors in a brief pre-game ceremony – be at the Turf by 3:35 if you’d like to take it in. Following the ceremony, the Varsity will play its final regular season game vs. Hollis-Brookline – HHS Turf at 4:00pm.
- From Coach Nichols, “The Reserve girls played an excellent game against Lebanon yesterday (Wed 10/19). It was a very close match with both teams taking charge at different times. We created several opportunities to score and shut down Lebanon every time they attacked our goal. We won 1-0.”