December 29, 2014
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 18,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 7 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.
November 25, 2014
Congratulations to Susanna Penfield – who was selected to represent New Hampshire (and Hanover) in the 2015 Twin State Lions Cup match vs. Vermont next July.
. . . and happy Thanksgiving.
November 24, 2014
Congratulations to Eliza Laycock, Emma Riccardi and Kelly Brigham, who have been elected captains for the 2015 season . . . can’t wait for August.
November 16, 2014
Futsal is an excellent opportunity to improve your soccer skills, get in a bit of fitness and have some fun on Sunday afternoons. Without question, those who play in the off-season are those who improve in the off-season. At one quick hour – futsal is also a great opportunity for those playing other sports to get in a weekly bit of soccer.
Futsal – Sunday afternoons from 3:00 to 4:00pm in the Norwich/Marion Cross School gym (entrance it to the rear right of the school). Wear flats or other non-marking sneakers and bring water and a grey shirt – just like real soccer. Watt Alexander runs the program – and has been officially blessed with coach’s seal of approval.
All HHS players are welcome. Be there – play futsal – have fun!
November 14, 2014
Team and State awards were announced at the end-of-season banquet on Wednesday night. Congratulations to the following 2014 Varsity Players:
- Dick Colt Award – Susanna Penfield
- Most Improved Award – Emma Malenka
- Unsung Hero Award – Abby Smith
- Offensive Player Award – Kelly Brigham
- Defensive Player Award – Claire Messersmith
- Most Valuable Player Award – Ashley Levesque
- Sportsmanship Award – Alexi Kim
- 1st Team All-State – Kelly Brigham
- 2nd Team All-State – Susanna Penfield
- Honorable Mention All-State – Sophie Lubrano
- Honorable Mention All-State – Claire Messersmith
- Honorable Mention All-State – Eliza Laycock
November 12, 2014
This just in: Hanover Girls ranked 15th in Regional poll, see:
Nice to be recognized -
November 11, 2014
The Varsity girls won the Division II State Championship with a 2-1 win over John Stark at Bill Ball Stadium in Exeter on Sunday (11/9). The game was a great finish to a fantastic year in which the girls had an overall 17-1-2 record, finished first in their division and outscored their opponents by 58 to 8 margin.
All in all, a great fall for the Varsity and as well as the Jr. Varsity and Reserve teams. The combined record for the three teams was 39-5-3.
Keep tuned to this site for announcements over the next few weeks – and through the off-season . . . keep soccer on your mind!
November 8, 2014
The Varsity girls advanced to the Division II Final with a 4-0 win over Portsmouth on Thursday (11/6). The Final will take place at Bill Ball Stadium (Exeter HS) in Exeter, New Hampshire on Sunday (11/9). Game time is 12:00pm. The girls need and want your support – please plan on being there!
- There is a free fan bus leaving from HHS at 9:30am Sunday morning – please take advantage. Reserve a seat on the bus by emailing Mike Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 5:00pm today.
- There is a team dinner for Varsity players tonight (Sat 11/8) – 6:00pm at Abby Smith’s house on Carpenter Street in Norwich – be there!
November 5, 2014
Following a tough PK victory in cold conditions over Oyster River on Sunday (11/2), the Varsity girls will be traveling to Stellos Stadium in Nashua tomorrow (Thur 11/6) for a Semi-Final game vs. Portsmouth. Game time is 6:00pm. We’d love to see you there!
November 2, 2014
The Varsity girls will play in a quarterfinal match-up vs. Oyster River this afternoon – Sunday Nov 2 at 2:00pm; HHS Turf.
Set back your clock, layer-up and get out to the Turf – the girls need your support!