April 9, 2015
Thanks to those who attended the meeting for new players last night at the Richmond School. As a follow-up, I’ve posted the background information sheet we distributed for those who weren’t able to make it to the meeting.
- Please pass information along to other potential players – and have them be in touch with me so that they can be included in my database.
- Registration information for Summer League teams will be posted soon.
HHS Girls Soccer Overview
April 5, 2015
Yes – it is time to start thinking about HHS Soccer for the fall of 2015 . . .
- For those of you making summer plans; Pre-Season will start with an all-player meeting (and time trial) late afternoon on Sunday August 16. The first day of school is September 2 – so there will be plenty of Pre-Season fun this year.
- This Wednesday (April 8 at 7:00pm; Richmond Middle School, Hanover) there will be an introductory meeting for all incoming freshmen who are thinking about playing HHS soccer in the fall of 2015. This will be an opportunity to hear about the program, talk to coaches (Varsity & Reserve coaches will be there) and ask questions of current players. We encourage all who are even thinking about playing HHS soccer to come to the meeting. Come with questions and bring your friends.
- If you are new to this website – please check the “follow” option (either at the top or bottom of the screen dependent on your browser). Once you’re a follower, you’ll receive email notice every time new information or announcements are posted.
- Looking forward to meeting new players on Wednesday . . . Questions? – firstname.lastname@example.org
December 29, 2014
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 18,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 7 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.
November 25, 2014
Congratulations to Susanna Penfield – who was selected to represent New Hampshire (and Hanover) in the 2015 Twin State Lions Cup match vs. Vermont next July.
. . . and happy Thanksgiving.
November 24, 2014
Congratulations to Eliza Laycock, Emma Riccardi and Kelly Brigham, who have been elected captains for the 2015 season . . . can’t wait for August.
November 16, 2014
Futsal is an excellent opportunity to improve your soccer skills, get in a bit of fitness and have some fun on Sunday afternoons. Without question, those who play in the off-season are those who improve in the off-season. At one quick hour – futsal is also a great opportunity for those playing other sports to get in a weekly bit of soccer.
Futsal – Sunday afternoons from 3:00 to 4:00pm in the Norwich/Marion Cross School gym (entrance it to the rear right of the school). Wear flats or other non-marking sneakers and bring water and a grey shirt – just like real soccer. Watt Alexander runs the program – and has been officially blessed with coach’s seal of approval.
All HHS players are welcome. Be there – play futsal – have fun!
November 14, 2014
Team and State awards were announced at the end-of-season banquet on Wednesday night. Congratulations to the following 2014 Varsity Players:
- Dick Colt Award – Susanna Penfield
- Most Improved Award – Emma Malenka
- Unsung Hero Award – Abby Smith
- Offensive Player Award – Kelly Brigham
- Defensive Player Award – Claire Messersmith
- Most Valuable Player Award – Ashley Levesque
- Sportsmanship Award – Alexi Kim
- 1st Team All-State – Kelly Brigham
- 2nd Team All-State – Susanna Penfield
- Honorable Mention All-State – Sophie Lubrano
- Honorable Mention All-State – Claire Messersmith
- Honorable Mention All-State – Eliza Laycock
November 12, 2014
This just in: Hanover Girls ranked 15th in Regional poll, see:
Nice to be recognized –
November 11, 2014
The Varsity girls won the Division II State Championship with a 2-1 win over John Stark at Bill Ball Stadium in Exeter on Sunday (11/9). The game was a great finish to a fantastic year in which the girls had an overall 17-1-2 record, finished first in their division and outscored their opponents by 58 to 8 margin.
All in all, a great fall for the Varsity and as well as the Jr. Varsity and Reserve teams. The combined record for the three teams was 39-5-3.
Keep tuned to this site for announcements over the next few weeks – and through the off-season . . . keep soccer on your mind!
November 8, 2014
The Varsity girls advanced to the Division II Final with a 4-0 win over Portsmouth on Thursday (11/6). The Final will take place at Bill Ball Stadium (Exeter HS) in Exeter, New Hampshire on Sunday (11/9). Game time is 12:00pm. The girls need and want your support – please plan on being there!
- There is a free fan bus leaving from HHS at 9:30am Sunday morning – please take advantage. Reserve a seat on the bus by emailing Mike Jackson (email@example.com) before 5:00pm today.
- There is a team dinner for Varsity players tonight (Sat 11/8) – 6:00pm at Abby Smith’s house on Carpenter Street in Norwich – be there!