August 31, 2014
Following a successful Pre-Season all three teams will be moving into the ‘regular’ season this week. Please note the following regarding schedule and games:
- See the Varsity page for day-to-day schedule this week.
- Varsity will open up the regular season with a home game (on the Turf) vs. John Stark on Friday 8/5 – Game Time 4:00pm.
- Jr. Varsity will move to their regular training schedule with the exception of Wednesday (9/3) of this week, when they will train jointly with the Varsity on the Turf from 5:45 to 7:15pm.
- Jr. Varsity will open up the regular season with a home game (on the Grass) vs. John Stark on Friday 8/5 – Game Time 4:00pm.
- Reserve will move to their regular weekly schedule.
- Reserve will open up the regular season with an away game vs. Thetford Academy on Wednesday 8/3- Game Time 4:45pm.
- Reserve will be scrimmaging a Lightning team at approx. 4:00pm on Friday 8/5 at Huntley Meadow.
August 28, 2014
Please note the following regarding team schedules:
- Regular practice time is 4:00 to 5:30pm at Huntley Meadow in Norwich – the school provides bus transportation to and from the field;
- The Reserve Game Schedule is posted on the ‘Reserve’ page to the right.
Jr. Varsity Team
- Note that tomorrow’s (Friday 8/29) practice session will occur at the Dresden/Route 5 Fields in Norwich – 4:00 to 5:30pm – the school provides bus transportation to the fields.
- Regular practice times are: Mon/Tues/Thur – 5:00 to 6:30pm; Wed/Fri – 4:00 to 5:30pm. The regular practice field is HHS Grass. Jr. Varsity practice schedule will vary occasionally -
- The Jr. Varsity Game Schedule is posted on the ‘Jr. Varsity’ page to the right – changes will occur.
- Note that tomorrow’s (Friday 8/29) practice session will occur at the Dresden/Route 5 Fields in Norwich – 3:15 to 4:45pm – player/drivers should transport teammates to the field – right after school.
- The Varsity Day-to-Day schedule for the period 9/1 to 9/21 is posted on the ‘Varsity’ page.
- The Varsity Game Schedule is posted on the ‘Varsity’ page to the right – changes will occur.
August 26, 2014
Coach Kennedy has a ‘Tommy Hilfiger’ drawstring bag (with cleats, etc.) that was left in the library following the meeting this evening. Be in contact with him to get your stuff – and be prepared for some pushups.
August 21, 2014
Team schedules for Reserve, Jr. Varsity and Varsity have been posted under their respective pages to the right. As always, be aware that change is possible.
Thanks to all for great support during the Tryout period – coaches are happy to have their teams and are ready to go.
August 21, 2014
We’ve finished a tryout period that was marked by strong, competitive play and great attitudes – thanks to all of the players and coaches. Tryout week is always tiring, but a period of great fun and expectation – we’re looking forward to getting the season going. Varsity and Jr. Varsity rosters are listed below.
- Coach Kennedy will be at the grass field today from 4:15 to 4:45pm to talk to any Jr. Varsity player interested in getting feedback. You are encouraged to take this opportunity.
- Reserve team practices today from 4:30 to 6:00pm at Huntley Meadow.
- Both the Varsity and Jr. Varsity will train today from 5:00 to 6:30pm on the HHS Grass Field.
- Both the Varsity and Jr. Varsity will train tomorrow from 8:00 to 9:30am on the HHS Turf Field – and tomorrow afternoon from 3:45 to 5:15pm on the HHS Grass Field.
- Look for Week 2 Schedules for all teams here in the near future.
- Look for details regarding the Varsity/Jr. Varsity weekend trip here in the near future.
August 20, 2014
For the first time in recent history current players eked out a 2-1 victory over the players of days gone by this evening on the Turf field. The match was back and forth with strong offensive forays by both sides. The Alums – comprising a broad spectrum of age groups – comported themselves well, giving the youngsters more than expected in terms of challenge – and providing good tryout fodder . . . until next year.
Current Players & a few Alum Poachers Celebrate:
August 20, 2014
After five sessions of strong and competitive soccer, the coaches have thoroughly evaluated all players. Players have been grouped below as: 1) Reserve Team; or 2) One of two Varsity/Jr. Varsity groupings (Roons & Novers). As always, these were tough choices and, given the significant number of seniors in the program – the coaches were able to ‘move up’ only a few players. As noted after today’s session – we feel that every player is capable of moving up through the program – given some patience – and that all three of this year’s teams will be strong and competitive . . . many former Reserve players have ended their HHS ‘career’ on the Varsity. I’m looking forward to watching all teams compete.
- Coach Kennedy will be at the HHS Grass Field from 4:00 to 4:30pm today (Wednesday) to discuss decisions with any players on the Reserve Team – I encourage you to come and talk and to get feedback.
- The Reserve Team schedule for the remainder of the week is: 8/20 (Today) – Training from 4:30 – 6:00pm at HHS Grass Field: 8/21 (Thur) – Training from 4:30 – 6:00pm at Huntley Meadow, Norwich; 8/22 (Fri) Training from 4:00-5:30pm (Note Time Change) at Huntley Meadow, Norwich.
- The Roons and Overs will report to the HHS Turf Field at 5:15 this afternoon for instructions and warm-ups; to be followed by scrimmage with HHS Alumnae & Friends. Uniform for Scrimmage is: White Shirt; Black Shorts; White Socks.
- Roons and Overs will continue with tryouts on Thursday morning from 8:00-9:45am on the HHS Turf Field.
August 19, 2014
Cool weather this morning for a somewhat sleepy session – all players need to ramp it up a bit:
- Reminder – come in back entrance of cafeteria for this afternoon’s cinematic presentation before tryout session – leave cleats and bags in area outside cafeteria. Be there at 4:20pm. Tryout session will follow on the Turf Field – 5:00 to 6:45pm
This morning’s group:
August 18, 2014
Great weather for our first session this morning . . . it looks like we have a strong group of players – who will be looking to get a bit more competitive this afternoon:
- This afternoon’s (Monday 8/18) session will run from 5:00 to 6:45pm on the HHS Grass Field. Varsity candidates remember that the session will end with the anaerobic threshold test.
- Results of the Agility Test run this morning (8/18) are included under ‘Pre-Season ’14.’
- Revised/Updated results of the Time Trial run on Sunday afternoon are included under ‘Pre-Season ’14.’
Players getting agile this morning: